Skip to main content

ANNOUNCEMENT

As of the first Wednesday of 2018 I have launched a brand new blog site. I would encourage all my current followers to click the link below and come check it out. It's bigger and better than ever!

“A new experience every time”

I was just going through my last blog and noticed that I hadn’t edited it. I think I posted it in a rush so I forgot. Anyway, sorry about that but I fixed it. So once again I haven’t blogged in a while. I’ve been away on holiday in Queensland the past week and we just landed back in Melbourne on Monday night. Almost Tuesday morning to be honest. I started writing a blog while I was up there but at the time I didn’t have much to go on and then I just got too busy actually enjoying the holiday. That being said, I reckon its time I make you guys jealous and fill you in on what went down.

23rd September - Saturday afternoon – 2:22pm

Right now, I am sitting here writing on the deck of a lovely house on the Peregian Beach in Queensland. About 2 hours from the Gold Coast where we landed 6 hours ago. My brother is currently making a fool of himself in the pool and my sister is trying to work out if there’s Wifi… I mean… priorities. Mum and Dad are taking a much deserved nap.

Side note; its mum’s birthday!

We had to get up this morning at 3am so we could get to the airport an hour before we boarded at 6. I’m currently running on five hours sleep but considering where I am right now I’m not complaining. It is ridiculously hot out here in comparison to Melbourne. Last time I checked it was 28 degrees and supposed to be in the 30s all week.

The pool I’m facing btw is what I can only describe as a floating pool. Meaning the far edge of it is the edge of the deck. The view of trees and neighbouring houses from here is incredible. Harry and Rosie are just telling me now that apparently, the water spills down off the edge like a waterfall. I’ll probably join them later after I get some writing done.

Wait, hang on. I’ve just been asked to judge a diving competition….

~

That was of course the very first day. The rest of the week was just as chill. Well it was hot but you get what I mean. We spent most days at the house, either in the pool or reading. We got to go down to this shopping strip in Noosa which also has a beach. Bare in mind, we were living in a fairly wealthy part of town so a lot of the restaurants and shops were expensive. But it was a holiday so it’s okay. I got a new dress, skirt, shoes, top and bathers. We did the usual touristy activities; buy ice-cream go to the beach. Though I don’t actually go to the beach, more like observe the view.

We got to eat out most nights apart from two times when we had fish and chips, one time we had pizza and another we had homemade pasta sauce. The food in restaurants were amazing! Well they had to be. But if we had the money I would definitely want to live in a place like Noosa or Peregian Beach.

My favourite part of the holiday besides the house with the pool, would have to be the last night. On that Sunday, we went back down to Noosa and had dinner as this nice café/bar that had an outdoor restaurant as well. We had been there earlier in the week for lunch. The food was again magnificent. I had grilled Atlantic salmon (my favourite) and for dessert, vanilla panna cotta.

We thought in the daytime that shopping strip was packed but even at night the place was lit up…. literally. All the trees in that area were decorated in lights. There were just tons of people either at restaurants or walking along. From where we were sitting in the outdoor area, we could see a musician had set up his speakers and was busking. People dancing or just watching on. Other cafes nearby like an ice-cream shop and Japanese place were lit up and packed. After dinner, we walked back to our car and along the way, spotted a woman running a hair braiding stand on the side-walk. So both me and Rosie got pretty braides woven into our hair. Something cool to remember the holiday by, I thought.

The only down side to this holiday was the whole family was still very crook so we didn’t have the energy to go out every day. I was at the tail end of it. but everyone else was in the middle of it. We even had to visit the doctors up in Peregian. Unlike every other time we go to Queensland, we weren’t able to visit the relatives. Mum’s two brothers live up there because that’s where she was originally from. I have six cousins and a step cousin. Plus, 2 young second cousins which we usually see when we’re up there. in fact that’s usually the whole reason we visit Queensland.

Mum’s oldest brother owns a farm in Gympie with his second partner and her daughter. They have animals on this big property and I think three dogs now. It’s a beautiful area. My Nana used to live in a house on the same land before she passed away.

The second brother owns a property in Carbrook. A house on this beautiful piece of land which also has a few wild animals like wallabies and geese. I think they had a turkey as well. My cousin – the youngest of his three – just got married on that property last year. She had this beautiful fairy-tale-like wedding. Anyway, we didn’t get to see them because we didn’t want to pass on the horrible flu.


Although I didn’t blog, I spent most of my time working on my story. With the great weather and peaceful surroundings, it was a good time to just sit and write. Going to new places is always great for inspiration. Even though I’ve been to Queensland countless times (we’re always here to visit Mum’s side of the family) it’s a new experience every time. That’s why when I finish school, I can’t wait to start travelling around the world. I just want to write and travel.

Have a lovely day! xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“You are not alone”

This post is as much for me, as it is for you. Loneliness is a very difficult feeling to navigate because you literally feel like nobody is there to help you. Loneliness is having nobody sit next to you in class. Having the teacher pick your partner because nobody will volunteer or working on your own because they’ve run out of people. Loneliness is sitting on your own at lunch when your friends aren’t at school or sitting in an isolated room because you’re too embarrassed to eat in front of other people. Loneliness is sitting in the library reading at a table on your own while everyone around you doesn’t seem to notice you sitting there at all. Loneliness is watching people laugh and joke around, wishing nothing more than to be a part of that feeling. Like when you were a kid watching from the outside of a Kids play centre. Loneliness is sitting at home scrolling through Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to see that everybody is out having a good time while you're stuck here.

“This is an issue of EQUALITY”

With the upcoming plebiscite, I think it’s only fitting that I shed some light on this issue of marriage equality. Can I just say firstly, I don’t know why it is that I feel as though (no, I know for a fact) I have written this same persuasive text more than once in both primary school and in high school, but I still find it astounding that in 2017 same sex marriage is still up for debate. What I also find absurd is that in some cases more children and young people understand the concept of equality better than most adults. Because that’s what this is all about isn’t it? I mean I’m really dumbing it down so that even the narrowest of minds can understand. This is an issue of EQUALITY. I know for a fact that most children, if not all of you, are taught values from the moment you make your very first mistakes. You are simply taught right from wrong. For example: for a long time as babies you would either point or cry whenever you wanted something, but then you would be taught ho

“I was not nervous in the slightest”

It’s been almost five months since my surgery, it feels like time has gone so fast. One minute I’m waiting for the biggest event of my life and then suddenly, it’s over and done with. Luckily, I still remember everything as if it happened yesterday. It all began on an early Tuesday morning. We were up and dressed by 7am and my parents and Rosie-Star (Harry was still asleep of course) came and drove us in. By the way; I was fasting for the operation so I didn’t get to have anything to eat or drink that morning except for a sip of water. This only bothered me for one main reason; I couldn’t have my morning cup of tea. We get there just after 8am so we had half an hour before I was due to go In. I was told that I would be the first one in the theatre that day. So, with no time to waste we caught the lift, up to the second or third floor (can’t remember that part) where the surgical clinics are. I was very surprised to see the entire waiting room was pack with families and their child