Skip to main content

ANNOUNCEMENT

As of the first Wednesday of 2018 I have launched a brand new blog site. I would encourage all my current followers to click the link below and come check it out. It's bigger and better than ever!

"I have too much free time"

Alright! So, this is it! I have always wanted to blog and I’ve been mulling the idea over for months. I’ve started and deleted post ideas way too often but now I’m just getting frustrated with myself.

You see, I haven’t admitted this to many people but I’m not too happy with myself atm. I just feel as though the habits that I have created for myself are both unhealthy and are making me feel unhappy in the long term. I’ve recently turned over a new leaf and decided that instead of sitting around wanting to do something or wishing I was living a certain way. I'm just gonna go ahead and do it! It’s an idea I read about in this great book called “You are a Badass”.  I’m going to start by setting myself some goals that will give me some gratification in achieving. Today’s goal is to start a blog!

So here I am. Hi!

The reason I want to start a blog is because I absolutely love writing and aspire to be a writer someday. Either or journalist or an author, maybe both. Either way you gotta start somewhere and I guess a blog seems like the most logical option I have. It’s easy and I can do it from home or between classes. I also need something to fill up my time. I’ve recently acquired an abundance of free periods because I’ve had to drop some classes at school due a recent surgery I’ve undergone (which I will tell you about later) and also, I’ve implemented another goal to reduced the amount of unproductive time I spend scrolling through Facebook and Instagram. Doing what I love, being productive and filling up time. All good reasons to set this goal, I believe.

So now you know why I’m here, you probably wanna know a little bit about me right? Well my name is Claudia, I’m eighteen years old and the most obvious fact about me is I’m in a wheelchair. Yes. I have a muscle condition but my brain is not affected in the slightest. (What I’m trying to say is I’m a very bright and intelligent person, without sounding conceited). I would describe myself as a typical teenage girl but very much an individual character. I’m very talkative once I get comfortable with you. I probably say too much at times and my mouth often gets me into trouble. Another fun fact about me is my favourite thing to do apart from writing, is to dance. That’s right, you heard me! I am a dancer and have been for almost eleven or twelve years now. Every Friday I get to attend classes and honestly, it’s something that makes me so happy, I don’t even know how I’d live without dancing to keep me going every week. I’m a generally happy and positive girl although I’m not gonna lie, I do have my low periods. In this sense, I’m just like any other human.

In April I underwent surgery on my jaw (the other major feature about me you will notice is my gaping mouth). This surgery was a long time coming and one of the most significant changes in my life. It was also the most exciting thing to happen for me because it was something that will lead to a lifelong dream; to close my mouth and be able to articulate words properly. Sure, I can talk, but talking clearly is something I’ve only dreamed about. My jaw has now by rearranged and is on the road to recovery.

For the first time in my life I can put my front teeth together and bite down on food with them which is something else I tell ya! At first, amazingly weird and now just truly incredible. It definitely gives me hope for further possibilities. I hope to start speech therapy in the near future but for now I am training myself to bring my lips together on my own. It’s hard and I still haven’t got it yet. But I’m not giving up any time soon.

Because I missed a lot of time of school while in hospital I’ve been issued a new plan for my schooling life. Unfortunately, I’m not graduating with my friends this year. But I’m reminding myself it’s a sacrifice for a more important cause. Instead we divided my VCE over two years. This way, I didn’t have to struggle to catch up when I returned to school and I have less pressure on myself for the remainder of the year. However, I’ve come to find that with only two subjects I often manage to finish all of my homework during my free periods, still with time to spare. I have too much free time and not a lot of ways to fill it. 

I have taken up reading a lot which Is great. But I have to read two books at once otherwise I get bored reading the same story for two whole hours, twice a day. I need something else to keep me occupied. I have so many of my own thoughts ideas that I think I’d like to share with you guys out there…. If you’re interested

Anyway, there’s so much I could go on and on about in detail but I figure I should leave room for questions and then maybe I will write future posts on specific topics. I hope I’ve written enough to interest you guys and if you did enjoy this little introduction please let me know and we can get to know each other better. I’m a pretty open minded person so I will try to respond to as many questions or feedback as possible.

I’m obviously very new to the whole blog scene so please bare with me as I get used to how this all works. I hope that I do figure it out quickly so I can keep writing. After all, I’ve only scratched the surface!

Thanks in advance, and have a lovely day! xx





Comments

  1. Hi Claudia
    You probably won't remember me but I was a friend of your mum and dad's in Melbourne, probably about 10-15 years ago. Last time I saw you you were a little girl and now you are grown up. I think its a great idea to start a blog (I haven't but many of my friends have) and it will definitely help with your writing. Perhaps you could do short stories on here? I know at least one author who started out that way and who is now very successful. Look up Rhiannon Frater, she does horror stories mostly but has a best seller zombie series that started out on her blog with readers begging for more until finally she was taken up by a publishing house. So write if it is in you and see what develops. I am now in Darwin though moving to Wodonga in December with my family. Keep it up, I've put your blog site in my favourites.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for your kind words and advice. ill be sure to take it on xx it's really lovely to hear from people from my past even if I was only little and don't quit remember them :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Claudia. I've read the three posts that you've shared and thoroughly enjoyed each one. You write very well, and you have an important story to tell. Please continue to share your insights. I look forward to reading more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much for the words. I really really appreciate them. it is what I love to do and this is why xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

“You are not alone”

This post is as much for me, as it is for you. Loneliness is a very difficult feeling to navigate because you literally feel like nobody is there to help you. Loneliness is having nobody sit next to you in class. Having the teacher pick your partner because nobody will volunteer or working on your own because they’ve run out of people. Loneliness is sitting on your own at lunch when your friends aren’t at school or sitting in an isolated room because you’re too embarrassed to eat in front of other people. Loneliness is sitting in the library reading at a table on your own while everyone around you doesn’t seem to notice you sitting there at all. Loneliness is watching people laugh and joke around, wishing nothing more than to be a part of that feeling. Like when you were a kid watching from the outside of a Kids play centre. Loneliness is sitting at home scrolling through Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to see that everybody is out having a good time while you're stuck here.

“This is an issue of EQUALITY”

With the upcoming plebiscite, I think it’s only fitting that I shed some light on this issue of marriage equality. Can I just say firstly, I don’t know why it is that I feel as though (no, I know for a fact) I have written this same persuasive text more than once in both primary school and in high school, but I still find it astounding that in 2017 same sex marriage is still up for debate. What I also find absurd is that in some cases more children and young people understand the concept of equality better than most adults. Because that’s what this is all about isn’t it? I mean I’m really dumbing it down so that even the narrowest of minds can understand. This is an issue of EQUALITY. I know for a fact that most children, if not all of you, are taught values from the moment you make your very first mistakes. You are simply taught right from wrong. For example: for a long time as babies you would either point or cry whenever you wanted something, but then you would be taught ho

“I was not nervous in the slightest”

It’s been almost five months since my surgery, it feels like time has gone so fast. One minute I’m waiting for the biggest event of my life and then suddenly, it’s over and done with. Luckily, I still remember everything as if it happened yesterday. It all began on an early Tuesday morning. We were up and dressed by 7am and my parents and Rosie-Star (Harry was still asleep of course) came and drove us in. By the way; I was fasting for the operation so I didn’t get to have anything to eat or drink that morning except for a sip of water. This only bothered me for one main reason; I couldn’t have my morning cup of tea. We get there just after 8am so we had half an hour before I was due to go In. I was told that I would be the first one in the theatre that day. So, with no time to waste we caught the lift, up to the second or third floor (can’t remember that part) where the surgical clinics are. I was very surprised to see the entire waiting room was pack with families and their child